Digital Marketing Manager
The Modern Connection
*** MUST LIVE IN (CHARLESTON, SC ***
This position will manage the digital marketing strategy and implementation for multiple dynamic brands.
The Digital Marketing Manager will work closely with our internal teams to develop integrated strategies across all agency and client online platforms. This role will provide strategic guidance and data-driven recommendations to help increase our client’s reach through social media campaigns, paid and organic tactics, email marketing, blogging, and website recommendations.
ROUTINE TASKS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Collaboration on creating digital strategy documents for new clients – includes introductory strategy meeting and review with client.
- Creation of both shorter social media content and long form blog / white paper content, both for the agency and for client accounts
- Maintain individual client accounts. Typical client tasks include: social media content and management, e-newsletter creation and execution, blog writing, SEO services, and other digital marketing tactics.
- Brainstorm and collaborate on client campaigns, helping to secure long-term business contracts by keeping accounts fresh, relevant, and applicable.
- Help conceptualize and produce high-quality, creative, digital solutions for marketing collateral/campaigns, product marketing materials, and website for our clients.
- Assist with TMC’s own social media accounts, blog posts, and e-newsletters giving direction and bringing in new ideas to the team.
- Working directly with the content team on the TMC Academy. Assisting in content production, bringing in new members, and creating a monthly Academy video lesson for members.
- Build and tweak engaging landing pages and websites that drive results
- Build components for web applications that integrate with WordPress or Shopify
- Update and maintain WordPress / Shopify sites including cores, themes, and plugins
- Work with custom code and third party libraries using WordPress and PHP
- Work with themes using WordPress, HTML, and CSS
- Remain current on all search engine, website development and design best practices and trends
- Perform general administrative duties as necessary to keep the team in working order
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Deep digital marketing experience with understanding of best practices, latest tactics and measurement tools
- Excellent grasp of social media and website metrics and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to build digital and social strategies from the ground up, leveraging and enhancing existing digital infrastructure to accomplish objectives
- Ability to engage and lead various types of teammates and deliver timely and flawless results
- Experience working in and a strong commitment to creating a high-performance, results-driven culture
- Experience managing teams, vendors and freelance resources
- Current and demonstrable experience with email marketing, SEO, Google platform
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with WordPress and Shopify security, updates and deployment
- Experience in managing WordPress plugins and themes
- Graphic design experience (making it look pretty)
- Creative, analytical and objective thinker
- Commitment to getting the job done and willingness to work hours required.
- Desire to learn and grow, continuously elevating our work and staying on top of technology trends
- Strategic, proactive, and creative thinking – always focusing on innovative, but measurable client solutions
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and prioritize tasks and effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Understand and support The Modern Connection’s mission and vision and the team’s goals and objectives
IDEALLY YOU’D ALSO HAVE:
- Robust knowledge of Adobe Suite products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of AWS website hosting dashboard
- Certification in Google AdWords and Analytics
- Experience with email marketing architecture and sales funnels
- Experience with public speaking and training on digital / social media marketing
- Effective video marketing knowledge
- Experience writing SEO copywriting
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar background
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years’ experience in B2B/B2C digital marketing and advertising. Must have a deep understanding of all aspects of digital: social media, marketing, platforms, SEM, SEO, Sales Funnel Tactics, mobile, and technology. Experience with Facebook / Instagram Insights, Google Analytics, Pinterest Insights, and other social tools.
COMMUNICATION: Excellent writing, presentation and public speaking skills. An articulate advocate of The Modern Connection’s vision and mission.
Additionally, the Digital Marketing Manager is expected to stay current with the latest in social, digital, website and design trends and updates – subscribing to and reading industry blog posts, websites, newsletters, etc. He/she should consistently research and introduce new ideas, resources, and opportunities to further the innovation and quality of the agency’s creative output to better serve our clients.